The Avoka Transact Mobile FieldWorker is an app that runs on Apple iPads, Android tablets, and Microsoft Windows devices. It synchronizes these devices with mobile data capture applications that are built using the Avoka Transact platform. The Mobile FieldWorker app delivers the following capabilities to mobile workers:
- Allows mobile workers to take their forms with them out in the field and work either online or offline.
- Synchronizes SmartForms automatically to the device.
- Stores submitted form data temporarily on the device, completing the submissions when the user comes online.
- Enables forms to make use of device capabilities, including camera, geolocation (GPS), and scribble signature.
- Enforces security, including password protection and encrypted data on the device and over the wire.
- Provides full control over which forms go to which field workers through permissions and roles.
- Synchronizes to all apps when a new form or an updated form is deployed.
The Mobile FieldWorker app delivers improved field worker productivity by ensuring that all the powerful features of Avoka Transact are available to your mobile workers anytime, anywhere.
SmartForms at your fingertips
Your forms are always at your fingertips, immediately available through the simple user interface. No navigating through a website or bookmarks to find the forms.
No network, no problem
Many field operations occur in locations where there’s no reliable network access. You can work offline, because everything is synched down to the device. Data is stored within the app, and synched back to the server when you go back online.
Camera and gallery integration
Easily capture a picture, such as a damaged vehicle, a patient’s injury, a driver’s license, or a passport. Pictures are submitted as part of the form submission.
The Mobile FieldWorker app supports the use of a scribble signature field that allows signatures created with a finger or stylus to be collected right on the screen.
Access is password controlled. All collected data is stored securely on the local device using strong encryption. All network communication is conducted securely over HTTPS.
Better, Faster, Cheaper
Building your own data collection apps is difficult and expensive. Plus you’ll never be able to build in the best-practices we learned from hundreds-of-person-years of development.
Short Video on the Mobile Fieldworker app in Action
Avoka Transact is a complete offering for bringing complex paper forms into the digital age. It provides an easy and intuitive way for users, with no programming or design skills, to quickly build powerful HTML, HTML5, or PDF SmartForm applications that make mobile data capture quick, easy, and error free. Watch this short video to learn more.
- How it works
How it Works
Avoka Transact Mobile FieldWorker is an app for Apple iPad, Android, and Windows tablet devices. The diagram above shows the overall architecture of Mobile FieldWorker, Avoka Transaction Manager, and Avoka Transact Integration Agent in a multi-organization cloud environment. Other configurations are available.
Starting the Day
Based on your login information, all of the forms that have been allocated to your organization and group within Transaction Manager will be synchronized down to the Mobile FieldWorker app. These are exactly the same set of forms that you would have access to if you navigated to the Transaction Manager portal in your regular web browser, except these versions are optimized for tablet look and feel and touch-style interactions. Once all the forms have been synchronized, you may disconnect from the internet, hit the road, and those forms will always be accessible to you.
On the Road
While the field worker is on the road they will then be able to do any of the following:
- Open up a form, and start entering a rich data set including text, structured data, photos and GPS coordinates (based on the capabilities of the device). You can open the same form multiple times, and each will be saved separately.
- You can save a partially completed form locally, and resume completing at a later time. This means that you do not have to complete every form immediately, but you can save it in a partially completed state, and come back to it when ready. When you save a form locally, all regular mandatory field requirements are temporarily ignored.
- You can submit the form, even if you’re offline. When offline, the form data will be held in a queue, and automatically synchronized later when you’re back online.
- You can maintain your profile information which is used to pre-populate forms you initiate, saving on keystrokes and time.
Ending the Day
When the field worker is back online, all the data from forms you have completed will by synchronized to Transaction Manager, and then delivered to back-end systems using the Integration Agent. (This is the same way that regular web-based form submissions are delivered.) This also includes any attachments, pictures, or GPS data that is part of completing the task.
The Mobile FieldWorker app also synchronizes additional information from Transaction Manager, including:
- Transaction Manager profile data. Mobile FieldWorker will use this profile information to pre-fill any forms that are configured to use profile data.
- Draft forms are synchronized with the server when you go online, which allows you to switch to a different device and still be able to complete your work.
- Any tasks (forms plus data) that are assigned to you in Transaction Manager will be synchronized to Mobile FieldWorker, and appear in your To Do list. A task may be assigned to you, for example, if you have not completed a form correctly and it needs an amendment, or perhaps a brand new form that includes the details of where and when you need to perform the task associated with this form.
- Case Studies
Overland Solutions, Inc. (OSI) is a leader in business outsourcing services for the insurance industry. Avoka Transact Mobile FieldWorker app gives OSI the ability to control the quality and consistency of data captured in the field with or without a network connection. More…
Every time Energy Australia wants to install a new asset in the field, field staff are required to conduct an assessment of the site to uncover any potential issues with the site. Avoka Transact Mobile FieldWorker app gave Energy Australia the ability to electronically capture information in the field. More …
Housing N.S.W maintains 164,000 public housing properties. The Avoka Transact Mobile FieldWorker app enables surveyors in the field to collect any of the 20,000+ pieces of information which could be captured during a survey. More…
- Build or Buy
Building a custom mobile data collection app is difficult and costly.
- You need to use highly paid developers, generally with specific expertise in different tablet operating systems, development environments, and programming languages.
- You need to develop and test the app on multiple devices, with multiple screen sizes and resolutions.
- You need to go through approval processes to have your app published on multiple app stores.
- And then you need to repeat the entire process each time you need to make a change or develop a new data collection app.
Some indication of the costs you can expect in building an iPad app can be found in this article:http://www.propelics.com/ipad-app-development-cost-a-breakdown/
Alternately, you can use our Avoka Transact platform and create your own data collection apps.
- The Mobile FieldWorker app is already built-in to the Avoka Transact platform and successfully deployed.
- Avoka has already done all the work of developing and testing this app on multiple devices.
- You can create sophisticated data collection SmartForms extremely easily using Avoka Transact Composer, without requiring developers to help you build them.
- Your SmartForms are automatically branded and styled correctly, and customized for touch interaction and tablet screen sizes.
- You can then simply deploy your SmartForms to Transaction Manager, and the forms will appear in the Mobile FieldWorker app for all your users to fill in.